Saturday, July 23, 2011

Planned and Unpredictable Series of Events...






...but I'm almost finished! The very second after I posted my last entry a series of both planned and unpredictable events occured. It was one thing after another ranging from trips to the doctor, various overnight house guests, home repairs, birthdays, etc! I had really let the frustration get to me because I had planned to finish the garment no later than last Saturday. I was especially discouraged because I had planned to wear it to the Little Rock Fashion Week's fashion show. Can't beat myself over it because life got in the way and that's just how it is. It took me an entire week after my last post to pick up where I left off. I did manage to finish the bodice. I made post assessment notes after I tried it on that I will share once I finish the the skirt....BUT, I'm running into possible problems.


I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH FABRIC!!!! Last time I was in the fabric store I saw just a bit of the red cotton fabric left on the bolt, but I didn't purchase it b/c thought I had enough. I went back a few days later and it was all gone, ugh! I'm going to see if there's any at the other store's location which is on the other side of town. ***sigh*** I really wanted it to be a maxi skirt and not above-the knee. I also wanted it to be a solid color set. If the other store doesn't have it I'll need to think of a Plan B. I'll either need to make it a short skirt or find a really nice print fabric to use for the skirt. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment