Friday, July 1, 2011

Gordon Gartrell 2011





Oh goodness I jinxed myself with the previous post, lol!! My drafted bodice with sleeves did end up looking like Theo's "Gordon Gartrell" shirt. I didn't sew the bodice to the skirt which was fine. I wasn't concerned with the raw edges either since the purpose was ensuring a proper fit. Several errors here: the skirt is about a size too large and I'll need to take it up; the same goes for the bodice. ****Sigh**** Big issue with the sleeves. My brain is fried from working on this for 3 days and I'm going to have to seek help me learn to correct the problem. I'm not exactly sure why the sleeves turned out okay on my tunic, but not on the fit pattern. So I'll to go ahead and proceed with my summer project since it is sleeveless, but I'll need instruction on making the sleeve corrections.

No comments:

Post a Comment