Saturday, July 9, 2011

Alternate Route

I'm trying to chalk up the time wasted trying to draft my body measurements as a learning experience. OMG I spent 1 1/2 weeks drafting and re-drafting, but I kept having this feeling that something was off. Well, after my visit with Korto and what I had considered doing anyway was to just purchase a Vogue Fit Pattern Shell. I had started drafting the details on my own pattern draft, but I thought how messed up it would've been if things didn't turn out because of my own drafted basic bodice. Soooo, I made a trip to Hancock's Fabrics and purchased Vogue's version of the basic draft. I am soooo glad I did so b/c their directions helped me figure out the mistakes I was making on my own draft. Plus, I learned how to combine the bodice and skirt. So simple! Well, I'll proceed drafting the details from my sketch onto my purchased shell.

I'm giving myself until next Friday to construct b/c I've got to start preparing for this upcoming school year and finish some odd and end projects around my home. My next step regarding the construction will be to ensure that I'll comprehend the drafting design instructions and proceed. This includes understanding contouring. Since my design will have a cut out neck, I'll need to ensure there will not be any gapping. There's a technique to ensure proper contouring of the bodice that I'm trying to grasp. I never knew so much went into one garment. I can't wait until this will come as "second nature" when constructing.

No comments:

Post a Comment