Monday, August 1, 2011

Found Treasure!




Well I don't know about it so much to be a coveted treasure, but I managed to finally clean my garage and found my newly dubbed Vision Portfolio! It's no Franklin Covey planner and it's not in the colorful coral, lavendar, or mint colored binder I had intended to purchase, but it is ideal plus it hold's 8x11 sheets. Most of all, I won't have to spend any money.

Cleaning out the pages was a reminder of where I was just a few years ago. I had unexpectedly accepted a job at the historic Little Rock Central High as the principal's assistant. It was during the 50th Anniversary marking the date when the 9 African-American students integrated the school. so it was non-stop news reports, visitors, documentaries, etc revolving on and off the premises. It was a very interesting (and stressful) chapter in my life. I thought I'd be eager to throw away all the notes I took when training and learning all my responsiblities, but couldn't bring myself to do so. It's not that I would necessarily want to go back to working in that capacity, but the hoarder in me wanted to hold on to it so I placed it in the yearbook given to me by the school's principal (who is amazing and the most organized person I've ever met). Gotta say I'm glad I cleaned out that garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment