Monday, August 1, 2011

Vision Board

Two of my children looking through my 2007 Vision Book


A few years ago we decided to upsize our home. It necessary several reasons-- mainly because our family expanded and for safety reasons. It was a terrible time to sell and we were faced with the added stress of trying to both buy and sale AT the same time. Even though I was eager to sale, the thought of selling and then having to move into an apartment/asking to stay with relatives stressed me even more. So we were very proactive in our search for our ideal home, and things just all worked out for the best.

So I decided to make a vision board. It wasn't an actual board, but more of a book of ideas of what I wanted to secure. I made a trip late one night to Wal-mart to buy an album that held 8x10 pictures. I made of list of things such as rooms, window sizes, and cut out pictures of furniture that I wanted to have for the house. I even surfed the internet of home plans that I printed and then searched for homes that resembled my envisioned ideal home. Building one from the ground up wasn't an option for financial and time reasons. Today I pulled the vision book from the bookshelf and looked at the drawing of the home I envisioned and some of the furniture pictures I printed. It's amazing how close it came to the actual ones purchased.

My intent today is to head to Office Depot and purchase a pretty colored quality binder. It's time to start another vision book complete with information, pictures, business plan, ideas, goals, etc. If it's the Lord's will I pray for them to materialize.

No comments:

Post a Comment